Sunday, June 7, 2015

Masculine Card With A Bokeh Background


  This is another one of the unfinished card fronts that I found while cleaning out my craft closet.
 The image was stamped with Versamark and embossed  with white embossing powder.
 The background was already sponged with distress inks so I decided to use circle stencils and white ink to  make it into a Bokeh Background.
To finish the card:
I used purple card stock  for the next layer.
 I sponged the base layer using the same blue and purple distress inks so it would look the same as  the stamped layer.
 I used an Elizabeth Craft die and a snippet of purple card stock  for the sentiment.

 I'm entering this card in the Pixie's Snippets Playground Challenge #180.

The sun is shining today so I'm going to spend the afternoon reclining in a lawn chair and either napping or reading a book.  I hope you have a great day too!

Ta Ta For Now,
Kathy

10 comments:

  1. Love the blues and purple in this card. Thanks for being my most recent follower, I just joined yours too. Hope you enjoyed the sun this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So soft and gentle Kathy but perfect for a chap with that wonderful stamp you used. It looks a bit like the ship is sailing out of the mist!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous background, and I love the colors with the white embossing! I envy the way you intend to spend your day.........sigh :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful background Kathy...I must really give this bokeh look a go...along with a lot of other musts! This makes for a great masculine card, love the colours. Hope you enjoyed your relaxing day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect male card. What a great idea to sponge the cardstock to match the background on the image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you and Jeanette should come over for a craft closet day. I think we all have an assortment of bits and pieces and things that need to be put together and if not I have enough for everyone. Love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous background and card design Kathy.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete