Thursday, November 14, 2013

Cards For Christmas

Some of the first stamps that I bought, way back when, were stamps that I thought I could use for Christmas cards. I have a good size collection of stamps with snow covered trees, villages, and covered bridges.

I added a window die to my collection this year, but it just isn't large enough to really show all the scenery on my winter scene stamps. I found this great technique for making a "Window Card". 

Dawn from Dawn's Stamping Studio has a video and instructions for making this window card HERE
This card needed very little coloring. I used a little blue chalk for the sky and you can see the sparkle from the Stickles that I applied to the snowy roof tops , trees and snowbanks.

Made one card without the window sill.


Hope you have a great day and thanks for visiting my blog today.
Kathy

1 comment: