Thursday, July 18, 2013

Tri-Fold Shutter Card

My sister-in-law, Jan sent me this card today.

Beautiful isn't it? I love the colors and the designer papers she used.

Not the  usual A2 size card. It is a little bulkier than normal and might require more postage to send  in the mail.

Here's the back story on this card:
A couple of weeks ago my sister-in-law and I got to spend an afternoon together. Jan is an avid scrapbook maker and makes cards and donates them to her church, local nursing home and a children's hospital in her community.
Jan had received an awesome card from a friend of hers from North Carolina. We both loved the card so much that  we spent the  entire afternoon disassembling the card, measuring, cutting and then reassembling the card. When I left that day she promised to send me a card and the instructions to make one like it.

If you want to make one for yourself  Operation Write Home has a great tutorial on making a Tri-Fold Shutter Card here.


1 comment: